Thursday, January 6, 2011

You can't talk about Aprons without talking about Grandmas

My Nana passed away when I was six. Although I didn't get to spend much time with her, I think about her a lot. Sure, I have been wearing her engagement ring for the past five months, but long before that I've found my thoughts with her. In 2003 I had a meeting with a medium and she was the first person to show up to the party (much like me),  and boy did she have a lot to say (much like me). She snuck up on me again last week...
I found this picture in an album in a box in the way back of the closet. I never saw it before.  I think it's at her house in Florida. What really struck me about this picture was her dress and (perfectly) matching apron. She looks so charming! I thought I was the only one who really mastered the "cute dress, matching apron" game and pulled off so well. I guess I was wrong and I guess I had to be reminded. The funny thing is we always quote her as saying (something along the lines of) "they say imitation is the highest form of flattery, but I don't give a damn." Oh Nana, you've got quite the sense of humor. 
I may not have any of her aprons, but I do have her butter cream recipe! 

1 comment: