Friday, January 7, 2011

Snow Day

Well it was a snow day/slow day at ye old tea shop. We showed up but didn't even bother opening when we realized how snowy it actually was. But I used my couple hours there wisely. I vacuumed all the deep corners and I did my favorite chore...Organize the Apron Closet! Although it's a fun  task, it is the most time consuming. And with dozens and dozens of aprons, organizing them can be a bit tricky. In the past, we've grouped them according to length, color, decade, patterns, seasons, we've even had  a "novelty" and a "tex/mex" pile. Once we even did the video store thing and had "Mary's Top Picks," "Sam's faves," "Kelsey Likes These," but that didn't last too long. So the best way to start is to take ALL the aprons off the hangers and put them in a pile:
Then put them in smaller piles. I did full aprons in one category and the rest  I did by color:

Red, orange/yellow, green, blue/purple, pink, black and white. But they're all multicolored! And two of the white aprons are Christmas themed! And the red and pink owl, is that "red" or "pink" ?  And we only have one brown apron, but it has a pink cupcake on it. I could seriously drive myself crazy with this one, but have to remember it's really in the grand scheme of things not a big deal...plus Joanne said she'd take me to LaPetit when I was done, so I sort of hurried through it! When do we ever get to have lunch together???
Here's to starting off a busy weekend with an organized apron closet!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day....slow & snowy, but fun none the less.

    ReplyDelete