Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My First Blog

Hello Cyberspace!
Starting a blog is one thing I've been wanting to do...so here we go. I work at a Tea Room and get to wear some great aprons everyday. I coordinate aprons with dresses, holidays, seasons, the mood I'm in, I even wore a Mexican apron when Mexico played their first game of the World Cup. I started my apron collection with two vintage aprons I got at the Salvation Army in Dunkirk, NY. Last time I counted the apron collection, I stopped at 54 and wasn't even half way through. The more I wore aprons, the more people gave us (the tea room staff) aprons from yard sales, antique stores, even their own mother's  and grandmother's closets.
So, to me the apron collection has become much more than a work uniform. It's a patchwork of family histories, grease stains, silk and terry cloth, gingham and paisley, and of course  endless potential for really great outfits!
So I'm sharing it with you.

1 comment: