Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Ah, St. Paddy's Day. It's the time I realize I know every word to every Irish song. It's the day everyone else in town makes Scones and Soda Bread. I saw some sorry scones at Price Chopper and sneered. I can't help my snobbery. It's occurred to me that I started this blog without explaining or defending my title as "Mary Queen of Scones," but I'll save that for another day. But  I will say today, the day when everyone is Irish, is does have to do with being Irish and being proud of that.
I think everyone was at the bar today, because  I had plenty of raisin scones left over. I shared them with my neighbor and the ladies that work at the library (I went to return the first season of True Blood), I think I made their day. Actually... I think I caused a riot because I only had a few! But everyone loved my very special St. Paddy's Day apron...
It's so sweet! It's all hand crocheted. I try to wear this number more than once a year, it deserves that. Joanne picked this up at the antique store, she couldn't leave it there! I like to think about the cute little old lady that crocheted it! But that's me...I create stories and scenarios and fall in love with people and I'm not gonna stop now! Besides, isn't being Irish about being kind and compassionate and telling great stories? 
I'm listening to the Cranberries greatest hits...

No comments:

Post a Comment